Monday, April 4, 2011

Round Tables -- Advice

Hello blogging friends.  I am on a hunt for a round, wood dining table for our breakfast nook (newly converted from a playroom.)  I have all my Tolix chairs purchased, as you may remember from an earlier post.  The table has been harder to come by.  I have searched craigslist (I actually bought one that I ended up reselling because it wasn't what I thought it was), websites and stores.  No luck.  I'm looking for a table 54-60 inches in diameter, darkish wood, with a rustic feel.  Solid wood would be nice.  Nothing really shiny and fancy (i.e., nothing you would find in a formal dining room.)  I really like this table from Horchow.  I love that the top is parquet.  I would love to buy this table, but unfortunately, it's just out of my price range.  Does anyone know of a source for round dining tables?  Or should I throw in the towel and go for a rectangle?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice offered.

4 comments:

  1. I live in San Diego and we have a few warehouse furniture stores where you shop from a catalog and it is way cheaper. Maybe there is one near you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh awesome Clover. Are you referring to a Direct Buy situation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. not necessarily. the place near me is called roomors. It is a warehouse you go to and they have some samples but you look through catalogs also. They work with a company in LA that makes pottery barn knock off furniture and other stuff. THey dont really even advertise. It is word of mouth.???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you checked the various furniture stores, but we were at Ashley furniture this last weekend and Sofa Mart and they had some Round tables, I don't remember what the leg or legs looks like. I live in SLC and so it may be worth a try.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete