Friday, March 11, 2011

Bound to Happen

I've been a hairdresser for 10 years.  I've had 3 children over the past 8 years and not one of them, no, not one, has ever even grabbed the scissors.  Actually, Elle did try to cut her friend's hair and snipped his ear instead.  Anyways, I thought I was in the clear.  I thought wrong.  She did it.  The one child who I would most like to stay away from the scissors did not stay away.  It's what I deserve, I guess.  I have cut my own hair numerous times in front of her and, sooner or later, it was bound to happen.  So here are her before the cut, after her mishap with the scissors and my attempt to correct it.



Before.  Isn't she so sweet with her pigtails and tutu!


Oh man, the bangs!  Not so cute and she's even wearing the same tutu!


There was no saving the length.  I was hoping I could just cover up the underneath and not have to go that short, but she chopped off the entire side of her hair.  I'm really shocked she didn't cut off her ear!


The aftermath.  It looks OK when I style it.  I'm talking straighten it with my flat iron and puffing it up.  Otherwise, she looks terrible.  When she caught of glimpse of herself in the mirror she said, "I don't look like Elle!"


The worst thing about this whole situation is that I just chopped off my hair.  I cut off about 6 inches and I gave myself baby bangs.  Mine were on purpose and now I have my 3 year old walking beside me with her own baby bangs that were done by accident.  We look like we got a bit scissor happy in my home.  Now, if I could just get the boys to let me use some scissors on them!


This is what I found on the bathroom floor after I put her to bed.  I know I'm not the first person this has happened to.  It's just really interesting timing.

6 comments:

  1. oh no..kids are a handful. I have three and feel like I am going to go insane most days! Her hair will grow out and she will have no memory of ever doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that a bob on a little girl is PRICELESS!! :) and the good thing is that it will grow quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. STILL oh so precious! she looks like ramona quimby now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love a kid with spunk! She looks adorable, despite her best efforts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job, she looks amazing. When I was her age, I cut off my eyelashes with cuticle scissors (among other hair related disasters). Not sure how I still have eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must confess that as a child I would cut great chunks out of my hair all the time, every school photo has a little bit of fringe missing somewhere. Must have driven my mum crazy. And one of nieces almost scalped herself, it was the funniest thing I had ever seen with long hair either side and absolutly nothing but stubble down the middle, still makes me laugh now and she has just turned 20. I guess there is a little hairdresser in all of us. Its better to have a bald kid than a sick kid.

    ReplyDelete