Monday, October 18, 2010

Strange

I have the strangest things happen to me all of the time.  I'm not exaggerating here, at all!  I have so many stories I could tell, but today I'm going to talk about what's been going on as of lately.  Lucky for me my husband does all of the grocery shopping.  It's great!  Why does he do the grocery shopping?  Because I hate coupons and I refuse to use them.  Yes, it saves you money, but I just don't want to do it.  He, on the other hand, loves the savings, so he has taken on the role of the "grocery shopper".  He also tells me I turn ADD the moment I step foot in the supermarket.  I do.  I'm not sure why, but I think it's because it's just too much stuff in one place. Add kids to the mix and my brain can't handle it. 

In the past few weeks I've actually done some of the shopping and I've had the same experience three different times.  Three different times when I've gone to look at something and I pick it up, the bag has been opened by somebody else and the items inside spill out all over the floor.  Crazy, I tell you!  The first time I wanted to be a responsible citizen, so I kept the item and took it to the register so that some other innocent, shopper wouldn't have the same experience as myself.  When I handed it over to the checker and I explained to her what had happened, she looked at me like I was an idiot and couldn't understand why I brought the item to her.  I then had to explain my reason for keeping it.  The second and third times, I can't say I was so nice.  I've decided this is a sign.  A sign for me to stay away from the grocery department and leave the shopping to my husband.  Sounds good to me!  Does anybody else have any strange experiences?  Please do share so I know it's not just me.

4 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience in WalMart one day. As I walked through the aisles (right down the middle, WELL away from either side of shelves), I had random items fall off the shelves right as I passed by them (without touching them!)- one of which was a 24-pack of Deer Park waterbottles! How does that "fall" off the shelf??? It was so strange. The first time it happened, I thought someone on the other side must have pushed something through, but by the third time (which was the pack of water bottles), I thought I must have some kind of strange gravitational field surrounding my body. It was SO strange! I'm glad I didn't walk by a cliff with loose rocks! Yikes! It just happened that one day.... (By the way, we live in an area that doesn't have earthquakes, so that's not the explanation.) I still don't know what was up that day! Maybe I'll send my husband to the grocery store from now on too! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A radio station that makes prank calls was asked to call a guy (by family members no less) who was notorious for sampling in stores. He not only sampled fruit, but admitted that he opened things like Twinkies. The D. J.s called claiming to be the store personnel. The really odd part to me was the the guy acted as though he had every right to do it!

    Maybe he lives in your area:-O

    What I wouldn't give not to have to grocery shop. I HATE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That happens to me in Walmart all the time. People are cheap. Why must they steal a handful of chips? Just go pay the $3 for the whole bag. Geesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always get the grocery cart that is retarded, wobbly, and very screechy. One day I flat out swore and pushed it away, got a new cart and transferred my groceries over to the normal one!

    ReplyDelete