Thursday, June 17, 2010

Red Velvet Cake

I know I just blogged about red velvet cake, but I tried a recipe for my little girl's birthday and it turned out delicious.  I just had to share.  Due to the fact that I'm out of town and staying in a home with TERRIBLE internet connection, I will not be posting pictures.  Also, the pictures were terrible.  Actually, the whole experience was a fiasco so I'm just really happy it tasted great. 

First off, I over-filled the cake pan and had cake ALL over the oven.  I kept having to clean the oven out during baking so my cake didn't get smoked out.  I was so impatient with the baking, because it took triple the time, so I finally just pulled it out.  Big mistake.  The cake sunk in the middle.

The next mistake was asking my brother to cut around the pan before flipping it over so the cake would fall out easily.  Never ask a man to do something, baking wise, that you really care about.  Instead of cutting straight down, he cut slanted so when the cake was flipped over it looked somewhat like a volcano.  That is when the curse word slipped out of my mouth.  Don't worry, no children were present!

Needless to say, the cake tasted great.  So...try the recipe.  I found this recipe on Spork or Foon?.  Her pictures are MUCH better than mine are!

1 comment:

  1. This has GOT to be better than the RV cake I made for the Relief Society birthday party - it was sooo dry. I'll have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete